Yesterday was the big game and our hometown team was playing! Woo hoo! In honor of the event I decided to make a…baseball lunch?
Um…yeah. Probably not what you were expecting.
Here’s the deal: I have this friend, Melissa, who is the mastermind behind the blog, Another Lunch. A few weeks ago, she agreed to take over hosting Muffin Tin Monday and today is her first official day hosting the link-up. (If you are unfamiliar with Muffin Tin Monday you can read more about it here.) In honor of the occasion I decided to make my first ever Muffin Tin Monday meal.*Â The theme for this week is “games” and while it probably would have made sense to do something related to football or the 49ers, I’m just too ignorant of the ways of football to be able to pull that theme together. I can muddle my way through baseball iconography though, so I just decided to go with that instead.
In the top row of the muffin tin we had:
- a biscuit decorated to look like a baseball with a red food marker.
- strawberries with a baseball hat pick
- peanuts in their shells
The second row held:
- carrot baseball bats — To make these, I peeled a carrot and cut it into sticks, then used a sharp paring knife to cut it into a simple bat shape.
- mini hot dogs
- applesauce with sprinkles
I made this for Augie and he was thrilled with it. In fact, he sang “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” the entire time he was eating it! Adorable!
Have you ever made a muffin tin meal?
* I did make a muffin tin meal one other time, but I didn’t submit it to Muffin Tin Monday so it doesn’t count.
If you’d like to see more muffin tin meals, click on over to Another Lunch to check them out!