A new year, a new 365 photo project! Last year’s was a smashing success so I’m going to try it again this year. I’m planning to do a post in the next few weeks with some thoughts on last year’s project and to show what I’m doing with the photos. Stay tuned for that!
January 1, 2010: Augie chills in his booster seat after breakfast at Grandma and Grandpa’s.
January 2, 2010: On our way home. This is our carry-on luggage. Ugh. Long gone are the days when I could zip onto a plane with my purse and a bag that would fit under the seat in front of me. Pictured here you can see:
- The diaper bag
- Zach’s back pack
- Augie’s car seat
- The Ergo carrier (easiest way to get Augie on and off the plane)
- My carry on bag (this is big because it holds my laptop, a book, a change of clothes for me, and books, toys, etc. to keep Augie occupied.)
- A lunch box (so the kids especially don’t starve)
- Wyatt’s back pack, jammed with books, art supplies, a blanket, a neck pillow and a change of clothes
- the stroller (which we thankfully get to gate check)
We have to get all this, plus two kids on and off the plane twice in one day!
And I’m not even going to tell you about the horrible, horrible diaper situation we lived through on the last flight. This tied with another airplane diaper story for the worst diaper in the history of our family. Let’s just say that the cleaning crew had to be alerted and directed to our seats when we landed and leave it at that. Horrible!
January 3, 2010: First trip to Trader Joe’s after being gone for a week. That cart was full to the top!
January 4, 2010: Loading the dishwasher.
January 5, 2010: This is a particularly bad batch of dishes, waiting to go into the dishwasher. I try not to let them pile up this much, but it happens some times.
January 6, 2010: Poor old Daddy is trying to check his work email here, but Augie insisted on some cuddle time with with him.
January 7, 2010: Wyatt takes one of many breaks while putting his jammies on after his bath to do some dancing.