Project 365: Week 32

by Wendy Copley on August 29, 2009

I’m very, very late with this post! I’ve been taking my daily photos, but I’m really behind in picking them out and posting them. I’ll be trying to catch up over the next week. So let’s get started!


August 6, 2009: My first ever dandelion offering as a mom! I used to pick dandelions for my mom all the time when I was a kid. I also loved to pick her tiny bouquets of violets from the side yard next to the garage.  She had a special little vase for those — a tiny pitcher with violets painted on the side. I thought there was nothing prettier in the world than that vase when it was filled with little purple flowers. I hadn’t thought about any of that in years, but when Wyatt brought me this dandelion after playing outside, I melted into a pool of goo right there on the floor. It was the best gift he’s ever given me and I didn’t even know I wanted it!


August 7, 2009: Wyatt’s last day of preschool was a big celebration with a potluck for all the families held at a local park. We brought chocolate cupcakes and gave the teachers little flowerpots painted with chalkboard paint. Wyatt wrote each of their names on the pots with chalk and I tucked a packet of seeds and a Target gift card inside too. We had a nice morning saying goodbye to friends. We’re sad to be leaving the school for a bit, but are already planning for Augie to start when he turns two.


August 8, 2009: Climbing at the playground at dusk.


August 9, 2009: Zach makes Augie “fly” around the yard.


August 10, 2009: And we’re off on our trip to San Diego! We spent the entirety of this day packing the car and driving down. We stopped for lunch at Pea Soup Andersen’s and loved it’s kitschy charm. The food was all really good too. I had to pass on the pea soup though — it’s never been a favorite of mine.


August 11, 2009: Our first day in San Diego! I spent the morning getting groceries and swimming with Wyatt in the condo pool while Zach worked a little and  Augie napped. After lunch we drove up the street  and hit the beach. We hadn’t planned on going in the water — which was a completely ridiculous notion on our part — but within about 3 minutes, Wyatt had run into the water up to his waist, so Zach had to run right after him. Augie joined in on the fun in the surf too, but I somehow managed to keep my clothes dry (mostly). Lovely, lovely beach fun.


August 12, 2009: Sea World! This photo was taken at our dinner with Shamu. It was a bit of an extravagance, but I’m so glad we did it. The food was OK, but of course the big draw was being so close to the whale. It was fantastic! He jumped and posed and did tricks for us and near the end of the meal, he camped out in an area of his pool right next to our table to play with kelp. I came down with a serious case of Shamu fever.

Previous post:

Next post: