* Not really…but kind of really.
You guys! I am so sick of our morning routine and packing lunches. The kids are refusing to eat school lunch and we are so busy with end-of-the-year activities that I’ve been having trouble finding the time for my usual weekly shopping trips. This is making lunch-packing…challenging.
To vent my frustration a little, I packed this lunch and took a photo of what I want to put in my boys’ bento boxes these last weeks of school. Here’s how it broke down:
- Protein: Chili cheese Fritos — they have “chili” in the name so there must be beans or meat or something in there, right?
- Veggie: a dill pickle — pickles are made from cucumbers and those are definitely a healthy vegetable.
- Carb: bottom-of-the-bag trail mix — combine the crushed tortilla chips at the bottom of the bag, the last few stale Cheerios and some of those crackers that only Dad liked. Fancy!
- Fruit: an old banana — he didn’t eat it the first or second time you put it in the lunch bag, but maybe he’ll eat it today?
How are you muddling through these last days of school? Or are you one of those lucky people who are out already?? Only THREE MORE DAYS for us!