Somehow this year, I’ve managed to get my act together enough to put together cookie boxes. I love to make these as gifts for friends, family and teachers and I also love that it means we have lots of cookies around the house throughout the month. Have I mentioned before that I really like cookies?
Here’s what I put in the boxes this year:
- Hazelnut-cherry chocolate bark — this recipe was pulled from a toothpaste ad in a magazine, of all places!
- Martha’s oatmeal cranberry cookies — a long time family favorite.
- Salted caramel popcorn — (In the red chevron bags.) I had to make a second batch of this because we ate all of the first one before I could pack it into the boxes.
- Gingerbread cookies — these were made from a Krusteaz boxed mix and they were shockingly awesome. I cut them with the Santa, elf and Yoda cutters I normally use for bentos.
- Almond, pecan and cranberry brittle — I used a Cooking Light recipe for Pistachio and Pine Nut Brittle for this but I swapped in the nuts I had on hand.
- Cream cheese spritz — We are on our eighth year making these, so I think they are an Official Copley Christmas Cookie now.
Have you been doing any holiday treat-making? What are your family’s must-have Christmas cookies?