The theme for Muffin Tin Monday this week was “It’s a Jungle Out There!” and even though we were freshly back from vacation with a mostly empty fridge, I decided to give it a go. Here’s what I gave Augie for his lunch:
- sugar snap peas with flower picks for decoration — the idea here was that this was a flowering jungle bush
- leftover rice from Sunday night dinner with a butterfly food divider
- strawberries with a paper pineapple pick — er…do they have pineapples in the jungle? I think I was stretching here.
- yummy garlic croutons — there is no jungle significance to these. I just put them in because Augie asked for them.
- carrots with sun-dried tomato hummus — again, no jungle-y significance
- leftover chicken satay with an elephant pick
So yeah — I may not have knocked the jungle theme out of the park, but my kid liked it well enough.
The meal was served in a 6 cup muffin tin that I use exclusively for muffin tin meals.
I’m linking up to Muffin Tin Monday on Another Lunch. If you’d like to see more cute muffin tins you should head on over to check them out!