I managed to squeeze in a little more work on my Project Life album last week — still playing catch-up though. Let’s travel back in time to April once more….
The start of the week focused on Wyatt a little more: a visit from his best bud, homework, a card with a few of his thoughts jotted down (more on that below). I also included an attendance certificate Wyatt received (pictured above) and a super great spelling test where he made up a sentence for each word in an insert in the middle of the layout. The last photo was an in progress photo of one of the project I did for my Martha Stewart Mother’s day post.
I saw this list idea on Becky’s blog a few months ago. I wrote out a list of sentence starters that Wyatt completed a while back and finally remembered to include it in our album this week. If you can’t read his handwriting, this is what it says:
- I am Wyatt.
- I think .I should get ice cream.
- I wonder if I will get a TV.
- I wish I had every doller. (sic.)
- I never want my family to die.
- I always love T.V.
- I promise to be good some day.
- I love my family.
- I believe I can do anything.
My sweet, loving, TV-obsessed, materialistic boy! For the record, I will never, ever buy him his own TV. Also, he was laughing when he wrote “I promise to be good some day.” We don’t go around telling him he’s a bad, bad boy all the time or anything like that!
The second half of this layout shows:
- a photo of a common morning scene in our house — everyone piled into our bed. (I wonder how much longer this will happen?)
- my kid’s method for putting his socks away, which is to throw them on the floor directly in front of his dresser
- a couple of Facebook status updates from the week
- a photo Wyatt took of my performing a song and dance number in the kitchen
- Augie getting ready for robot wars.