Today I’m sharing a side salad that we’ve been enjoying for the past few weeks. It’s super simple, but very tasty. And aren’t the colors incredibly beautiful? I love that you can combine two humble veggies like carrots and cabbage in a bowl and end up with this psychedelic salad. Groovy man!
Raspberry Carrot Raisin Slaw
- Half a red cabbage, sliced thin (about 4-5 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- Bottled raspberry vinaigrette to taste
- Toasted walnuts or pecans (optional)
Toss the cabbage, carrot and raisins together in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss that in as well. If you are using the nuts, sprinkle them on the top of the salad at the very end. Serve immediately.
Makes a ton.