1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
- Letterpress class at the San Francisco Center for the Book
- A cleaning service
- This sweater
- Sir Cuts a Lot software for my Cricut
- Lots of books, most written by bloggers
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
My parents made me a hand-painted box for my birthday one year.
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
It’s such a silly thing, but I’ve always wanted to put together one of those jars that are layered with the ingredients for cookies. I don’t know why I’ve never done it.
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
This one is a toss-up between my Poloroid camera, my stuffed unicorn and my Merlin. Those were such great presents.
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
Wyatt wants Lego PowerMiners, a Matchbox airport set, Playmobil and every other toy he’s ever seen at Target. Augie doesn’t want anything except uninterrupted access to the phone and a crack at my iPhone.
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
Frosted sugar cookies. Love them!
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
I want to make this paper wreath. I’ve also been considering making some kind of paper garland with my Cricut. And I’m going to put together an advent calendar for Wyatt.
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
A Christmas Story
9. Favorite holiday song?
The Man with the Bag
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
I love spending time with my family and doing all the same stuff every year. I also enjoy starting new traditions with my kids: building a gingerbread house, making our way through the advent calendar, decorating the tree, etc.
(Honestly I don’t normally take part in blog memes, but I had to knock out a NaBloPoMo post and the prize package for this contest is amazing. I. Want. That. Bike.)